Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
After school (including early release days) to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday and 7:30am-6:00pm on Professional Development days. (Closed all major holidays)
There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $10.
The cost per month is *$50.00 for September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May. The few days in August and June have no cost.
A sick child is to be kept at home for his/her sake and for the sake of other children. Many communicable diseases begin with cold-like symptoms. If the After-School Program Director determines that a child is too ill to attend the program a staff person will contact parent/guardian to arrange for someone to pick up the child.
Adults Authorized to Pick Up Child
Children will only be released to adults that are authorized by their parents/legal guardian on the application. Adults picking up children should be prepared to provide legal identification. For your child?s safety only the front doors should be used for picking up children. Do not enter through back or side doors.
Proper Program Attire
There are a variety of recreational and craft activities throughout the day. Children are to wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty. Shoes are to be closed toed and closed heeled. No flip flops, sandals or other shoes that will easily fall off or leave your child's feet vulnerable.
Children will learn respect for each other by the model of the staff, experiences, and discussion. With all behavior issues redirection will be the first course of action by the MLK staff. Each child is dealt with on an individual basis. Each child has the opportunity to express and deal with his/her own feelings. Physical harm to other child/children will not be tolerated. Physical punishment or verbal abuse by the staff is not tolerated.
The consequences for inappropriate behavior such as foul language or harmful physical actions are listed below. Note: After each period, an opportunity for improvement will be given.
1. First Occurrence: Discussion with child.
2. Second Occurrence: Time out and exclusion from current activity and discussion with child.
3. Third Occurrence: One-day suspension and conference with child, parent, and director.
4. Fourth Occurrence: Two-day suspension, and a conference with parent, teacher, Program Director, and MLK staff about possible removal of child from the Morning Latchkey Program.
5. Fifth Occurrence: Depending of the seriousness of the incident, or behavior of your child, it will be at the discretion of the The Salvation Army to remove the child from the After School Program indefinitely
For major violations, such as proven vandalism, proven theft, extreme physical violence, extreme bullying, disrespect, etc. Immediate suspension and/or expulsion.
* A limited number of scholarships are available. Please make an appointment with our office to start the application process.